In order to attract the best customers, a company needs to be present on all of the major social media platforms. In particular, Instagram has been one of the most important additions to businesses’ promotional strategies between 2014 and 2021. The website saw an increase in traffic of roughly 300% during this time period, which is massive growth that makes it worth paying attention to.
While Instagram is one of the fastest-growing websites in history, it presents some unique challenges for companies trying to promote their brand image. On Instagram, users only see posts by accounts they already follow, so building up followers is critical for any business hoping to benefit from an Instagram presence. Once you have a follower base built-up on your account then how can you convert them into customers? You can do that by using Instagram shoutouts.
If you want to know how to use Instagram effectively, read on for a breakdown of some basic information and some helpful tips!
Instagram is one of the most popular social media sites, and its high engagement rates make it a great option for businesses. The visual nature of Instagram makes it easy for users to discover and share your content. Additionally, Instagram’s unique features allow you to engage with your customers in new ways, but only if you properly understand how to use them.
1) Engagement Strategies:
While there are many different ways to engage on Instagram, here are some of the most effective:
* Sweepstakes – A sweepstakes or contest can encourage more interaction from your followers as they attempt to win prizes by liking or commenting on posts. For example, Dell bundles product-related hashtags into their posts that celebrate user creativity at various times of the year.
2) Doing Your Homework:
Before you jump into Instagram marketing, it’s important to do some research on how other companies are using the platform. Not only will this help you get ideas for unique ways to engage with your own audience, but it can also save you time by avoiding unsuccessful strategies that don’t fit your brand identity. Some questions you should ask yourself while doing research include:
* What type of posts does my audience engage with the most?
* What type of posts does my audience dislike or ignore?
* How can I set myself apart from my competitors?
3) Know Your Audience:
Every company has a certain “personality.” It’s important to create a voice that your customers will easily recognize as being authentic and relatable. Before you post, think about how your content makes customers feel. For example, if you’re targeting millennials, you might want to incorporate humor into your posts more often than not. If you’re catering to young business professionals, it would be best to stay away from pop culture references or memes.
4) Make it Interactive:
Instagram stories are a great way to increase engagement and interact with your audience. Stories last for a maximum of 24 hours, so make sure to get the most out of them! If you find yourself wondering how Instagram stories work or how to create one, check out this article from Buffer.
5) Optimize Your Bio:
Optimizing your bio will not only increase conversions to website visitors but can also reduce customer acquisition costs since people will already be engaging with your brand before ever reaching a product page. Here are some tips on how to optimize your Instagram bio:
* Include a strong call-to-action – Studies have shown that businesses who use call-to-actions in their bios see an average of 138% more followers. In other words, people who click on your CTA are much more likely to follow, like, or comment on your page.
* Use hashtags – Research has shown that images with at least one hashtag receive 79% more engagement. Tag the most relevant hashtags to increase the likelihood of someone discovering your page.